Waco Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents regularly lead to significant injuries for individuals in and around the Waco area. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for insurance carriers and at-fault parties to push back against having to pay out fair compensation to victims. At Cherry Johnson Siegmund James, we are here to help if you need a Waco car accident attorney by your side. Our team will not back down from aggressive insurance carriers, and we are fully prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
Turn to Cherry Johnson Siegmund James for Your Claim
- At Cherry Johnson Siegmund James, our team has extensive name recognition throughout Texas because we know what it takes to help our clients secure compensation.
- We draw on legal knowledge and methods from professionals around the country to help ensure that our clients win their vehicle accident claims.
- We believe in open communication with every client that we assist, which means you will always receive updates regarding the status of your case.
Waco Car Accident Injuries Can Lead to Major Financial Setbacks
During the most recent reporting year of data available from the Texas Department of Transportation, we can see that there were nearly 4,000 total vehicle accidents that occurred in Waco. Out of these incidents, there were 16 fatalities, 118 suspected serious injuries, 777 suspected minor injuries, and more than 1,300 possible injuries.
Unfortunately, any injury caused by a vehicle accident can lead to a financial setback for the victim. Some of the most common injuries that our team assists clients with include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (with or without paralysis)
- Severe bruising or contusions
- Major lacerations or puncture wounds
- Burn injuries
- Fractured or dislocated bones
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage
In addition to the visible traumatic injuries individuals sustained as a result of a Waco vehicle accident, we must also remain cognizant of the fact that individuals could sustain significant emotional and psychological trauma. This can include prolonged feelings of anxiety, stress, and fear, as well as symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
How Will an Attorney Determine Liability
Determining liability after a car accident occurs in Waco can be challenging but involves gathering as much evidence as possible. Some of this evidence may come from the scene of the incident, but gathering evidence after a crash can be challenging. This evidence can include:
- Photographs taken of the vehicle damage, surrounding area, injuries, and more
- Video surveillance from cameras nearby, including cameras on businesses or homes
- Statements taken from eyewitnesses at the scene of the incident
- The police report
In addition to evidence gathered at the scene of the incident, it may be necessary to dig deeper. When you work with a skilled Waco car accident lawyer, you will have an advocate with the resources needed to fully investigate the claim. Other types of evidence that could be useful include mobile device data, vehicle black box data, information related to any criminal charges other drivers face, the driving history of the at-fault driver, and more.
Compensation Available for Waco Car Accident Victims
Waco car accident victims might be able to recover a variety of types of compensation if the other driver was indeed negligent. Our team works diligently to ensure clients recover economic and non-economic damages in these situations.
- Economic damages. These types of losses are relatively calculable after an accident occurs in Waco, and this revolves around expenses that can be added up by using bills, invoices, and receipts. These losses include:
- All medical bills arising due to the injuries
- Lost income and loss of future earnings
- Various out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage expenses
- Rehabilitation, physical therapy, and medical devices
- Prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Non-economic damages. These types of losses revolve around more immeasurable expenses car accident victims in Waco will likely endure. Even though these types of damages are harder to calculate, they are equally as important:
- Emotional and psychological trauma caused by the incident
- Physical pain and suffering arising due to the injuries and the recovery
- Loss of enjoyment of life caused by a disability or the recovery process
How Long do You Have to File a Waco Car Accident Claim
Per the Texas statute of limitations for personal injury claims, Waco car accident victims will have a two-year time frame with which to file a civil personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Failing to file a lawsuit within this time frame will likely result in the car accident victim becoming unable to recover compensation for their losses. Please understand that insurance carriers also have their own reporting deadlines, typically within a day or two after the incident occurs. Any delayed insurance filings could result in a dismissal of the claim.
Paying for a Waco Car Accident Lawyer
Our team is proud to take Waco car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our attorneys handle all of the upfront and out-of-pocket costs related to the case. Clients will only pay legal fees after we successfully recover the compensation they are entitled to. Total legal fees will be an agreed-upon percentage of the final settlement or jury verdict amount. In the event our attorneys do not win the case, our clients pay absolutely nothing.
Call a Waco Car Accident Lawyer About Your Claim
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence in the Waco area, reach out to the team at Cherry Johnson Siegmund James for help immediately. We want to hear your side of the story, conduct a full investigation into the claim, and stand up to other parties on your behalf. Our goal is to recover the compensation you need to get through this. You can contact our Waco car accident lawyer for a free consultation of your claim by filling out our contact form or calling us at (254) 732-2242.